In the last few years, there has been a significant increase in the number of people who are opting for arrest warrant searches in Kennebec County, ME. While some experts attribute this growth to the upward trend of criminal occurrences, others suggest that the ease with which people can now access information on arrest records and active warrants has led to the an increased interest in such inquiries.
Then, there are also those who believe that community members are now just keen on being more aware of their surroundings and the society in general. Whatever may be the case, it simply cannot be denied that the disclosure of crime history data including details on arrest warrants has led to a safer living and working environment. Add to this the fact that many culprits with outstanding warrants from Kennebec County to their name have been arrested because of public help and it is easy to see how this information is helping law enforcement and civilians.
In terms of state agencies, you can get in touch with the offices of the county clerk, the sheriff or the magistrate for information on arrests and warrants; their addresses have been listed below. You could also buy crime history data from private agencies; take a look at the form above. This can be used to access a third party repository of arrest records.
- The sheriff’s department: 125 State Street, Augusta, Maine 04330
- The magistrate’s court: 95 State St, Augusta, ME 04330
- The county clerk’s office: 1 Weston Court, Augusta, Maine 04330
How can you get a copy of an arrest report or information on outstanding warrants from Kennebec County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, call the Kennebec County Jail-207-623-2270.
- To file a request for an arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 207-623-3614.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, call the judiciary at 207-873-2103.
- To learn the procedure for a judicial records check, call the Court Clerk at 207-213-2800.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Kennebec County Attorney’s Office at 207-623-1156.
Crime statistics of Kennebec County
In 2019, the Kennebec Sheriff’s Office received 195 criminal complaints, compared to the 142Kennebec instances that were received in 2018. There were 174 property offenses and 21 violent crimes among the total.
Around 117 larceny thefts, 51 burglaries, and 6 motor vehicle thefts were reported under the category of property offenses. Nearly 16 aggravated assaults, 4 rapes, and 1 robbery were included in the category of violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
The crime rates of Kennebec County, Maine are exceptionally high at more than 2600 incidents per annum. This can be worked out to almost 8 criminal cases filed each day and in about 4 of these matters, the victim is close to his house or office when the crime occurs. Both violent and property crimes showed the same growth rate of 40% plus in the last few years.