For people who have never conducted an arrest warrant search in Aroostook County, ME, the simplicity of the procedure will come as a surprise and so will the number of options available. A popular misconception held by many is that launching an inquiry into arrest records involves a lot of time and expense.
Actually, if you are willing to spend a couple of minutes visiting one of the state agencies listed below, you could easily access information on active warrants as well as arrests from Aroostook County. If the idea of driving down to a state office does not appeal to you and you do not need the results of your crime history investigation immediately, you could always write to the agency of your choice. The government entities that are currently offering the facility to launch arrest warrant searches in Aroostook County are:
- The office of the sheriff: 25 School Street, Suite 216, Houlton, Maine 04730
- The court of the magistrate: 26 Court Street, Caribou, ME 04730
- The department of the county clerk: As above
In terms of fees, you will seldom end up paying more than a few dollars. You will be told about the outstanding warrants in the name of the subject along with any conviction cases on his record. When details are provided on criminal matters that ended in a guilty verdict, the applicant will also be told about sentencing, correctional details, parole and release. By filling the form above, you could seek information on arrests and warrants from a private firm.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in Aroostook
County? (2021- Update)
- For an incident/accident/arrest report, call 207-532-7317.
- For information on active warrants, call 207-493-3144.
- For details on recent arrests and inmate arrest records, call 207-532-3471.
- For information on victim’s assistance, call 207-498-2557.
- For criminal case court dates and information on accessing criminal judicial records, call 207-498-8125.
Crime statistics of Aroostook County
Aroostook County’s crime rate went from 62 to 2783 incidents between 2018 and 2019. Property offenses received the most complaints, with 77, out of all the crimes reported in the year. In this category, 25 occurrences of burglary and 48 cases of larceny theft were reported. Around 6 complaints were filed in 2019 due to violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
Although the violent crime rates of Androscoggin County, Maine have dropped by almost 13%, the 1% decrease in reported criminal activity is just not enough to impact the annual crime rate which has held steady in the range of 1000 to 1200 incidents. Fortunately, acts that are violent account only for about 4% of this figure.